Thursday, November 29, 2012

Randoms

Posting thankfuls died about a week ago. Or maybe before that. LAME! But, I don't care. I tried. Haha.

Anywho, just some things I need to get down.

1st random: I was thinking today how much I love my parents! I swear when I was little I did everything they did. I remember one time sitting on the couch at my grandparents watching my dad bite his nails, and since then I haven't stopped. I know some think it's a bad habit, but think what you want! I quite enjoy biting them. Both my parents can ride a unicycle and naturally I HAD to learn. They told me I was too short (and I was), but I still went out and practiced every day and learned to ride a unicycle that was much too big for me at the time. They are also both AMAZING at sports. I couldn't resist them, and ever since I feel like sports creates some special glue between us. I remember when I was in elementary school and, believe it or not, rough drafts of essays had to be hand written, I would go to my mom and she would type them up in minutes (it would have taken me at least an hour). I wanted to be a fast typer like my momma, and so I practiced every day on Mavis Beacon to be as fast as her. Side note: Does anyone even know what Mavis Beacon is these days? I used to think that EVERYONE can type fast, just because we all practically grew up on computers...but I've begun to notice this isn't necessarily true. So I've made a promise to myself that I am going to have my children practice Mavis Beacon.

2nd random: I have been unemployed now for about a month, month and a half. Good times/bad times. Taylor and I went to Costco the other night and as the nice man was ringing us up I got this weird feeling, for the first time ever, that we were spending TAYLOR'S money. It wasn't mine. He worked for all of it. I didn't like that, and I felt bad. Luckily, I will be starting to work again on Wednesday.

3rd random: People surprise me everyday. Sometimes the people that you feel should be the most supportive of the things going on in your life just disappear. They're like ghosts and you never hear from them, but you're not exactly sure why. And then those people that you haven't talked to in months or years, or what'ere it may be show the most genuine excitement for the good news in your life. I don't get it. But I'm thankful for those that are willing and do show love/excitement/interest in my life and it makes me want to do better at showing the same to others. Life is so much more fun when we can bask in each other's good news together. I absolutely LOVED Elder Holland's talk about swallowing pickle juice every time something good happens to someone we know. I totally took that to heart, and although I'm not perfect, I've definitely gotten better, and what a world of difference it has made in my life!

Whelp, that's all for now. Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment