Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Little One's debut!

I have an overwhelmingly adorable husband. It's true. Last night he was saying how he was getting excited about going to the Dr.'s office to find out what we were having. And he would smile and was just a little giddy. It was cutsie. Then in the u/s room he kept asking the tech questions and commenting on how cool it all was. "Oh she is moving a lot." And he would smile and laugh. It was so fun to watch him. He loved her little hands and just everything about it. Afterwards he said that if he would have known  that the Ultrasound Tech job existed he would have gone to school for that because he thinks that would be the most fun job ever (is your heart melting?). He's so stinkin cute and he's going to be a most wonderful father! I know he is going to protect his little girl like none other. That's right, GIRL. We knew it all along, seriously, I don't know how, but on 2 separate occasions we woke up and both said, "It's a girl!" Anywho, he's going to be an amazing father. I can't wait to see him in action. But I'm scared! My goodness. I have no idea what to do with a girl! She won't have the cutest hairstyle or even the cutest clothes, but I am going to LOVE her until my dying day and give her all the love and attention I can muster. She probably won't wear a ton of pink...and hopefully I can get her to play in the dirt and get sweaty playing sports. Mostly, I hope she is kind and compassionate to others. And I hope I can be a good example to her. HER. So fun to say that. Weird too. Even though we knew it was a girl...it still takes some getting used to. Also, she is super healthy and the tech kept saying how good everything looked. It made me happy! We are so delighted. I'm finally starting to look into bedding and wanting to go buy an outfit or two (I've had no desire up to this point because it just seemed pointless getting something just to return it if it wasn't for the right gender). Haha. Just seemed like a waste of time to me. Life is fun! I love my little family. Taylor's going to have two of the funnest girls ever to take care of! Haha. :)

Also, we were driving in the car tonight and I could feel her movin around a little, and usually by the time I put my hand down she has stopped, but I told Tay to try his luck anyway and she gave him 1 little light poke. Haha. Loved it!

Last also, the u/s was probably the coolest thing ever. We could see everything in great detail and could see her little heart pumping away. I wish we would've video taped it  because we have the pictures, sure, but the video was AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. It would be funny if when she gets old enough to care, all she wants to wear is pink. lol.

    ReplyDelete