Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I can't do this everyday!

I am grateful everyday, and I even think about the things I am grateful for, but then I don't have the time to write them down.

Saturday, the 10th: We went to the Redlands temple with Taylor's family as his youngest brother, Andrew, was receiving his endowments. SO FUN! I am grateful for our temples and the work performed there. I LOVE going with family. To me, the temple is so much more fun when you are surrounded by loved ones. Good times there.

Sunday, the 11th: I was grateful for safe travels. We drove home from California and made it back to our home without a hiccup (Besides the beginnings of some terrible nausea). I'm just grateful for God's protection over our everyday activities.

Monday, the 12th: After some seriously terrible issues with throwing up and spending time on the toilet I was truly grateful for modern medicine and nice doctors. Sunday night/Monday morning I found myself by the sink every hour spitting up what little content I had in my stomach. I was not sleeping, and I was in serious pain. My stomach was killing me and my throat was on Fire from all the acid burning me on it's way out. My back and legs were also causing me some problems and beyond that I just felt incredibly weak and was surprised every time I was able to hold myself up while puking. My heavens. I know some are thinking, "she thinks this was bad, wait until labor." Ya ya, I know. I have no idea how bad labor is, obviously. But there is something scary about not being able to help yourself through something like this and feeling like you're not getting any better, worried about all the pain you're feeling, and if your baby is in trouble, and wondering if you need medical assistance. I'm sure labor will be worse, but this was bad! I tried everything I could think of to stop throwing up, but nothing worked! It was insane. Anyway, in the morning I was told to go to the ER by my OBGYNs nurse. My mommy took me. I honestly can't imagine how stressful it would be to work in the ER and how easy it would be to get impatient with annoying patients...but my Dr's were all extremely kind, which made my experience so much better!

I know I have always said humor gets me through things, but I honestly couldn't find the humor in this, that's how horrible I felt. Granted, me and my mom still seemed to be able to enjoy ourselves a little while at the hospital, laughing and making jokes and making fun of ourselves, but there was nothing funny about the situation I was in. Anywho, glad it's over and I'm feeling better. I should add I'm grateful my mommy spent the 4 hours out of her day in the hospital with me while Tay was working. And taylor was such a gem to me through the night, getting up with me every time I was up and rubbing my legs that hurt so much. He even volunteered to run to the store to get me sprite and crackers at 3:30 in the morning. So sweet. Thanks you two!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still experiencing the joy that is "morning sickness". How many weeks are you now? When do you find out what you're having? For your sake I hope it begins to subside soon. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should have mentioned that this came on as a result of picking up a stomach virus from someone. It was much worse than any morning sickness I experienced. I've been morning sickness free for maybe 3 weeks now. But I seem to get sick from other people once a week. Its gonna be a long 5 more months. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being pregnant and sick is awful. I have been told that awful pregnancies give you good babies and that has been the case with my kids. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete