Tuesday, May 28, 2013

1 Month!

Kinley turned 1 month on May 24th. We were leaving town that day so I had this all written out, but didn't get the time to take a picture of her and finish this off. But here is the update.

The day after we brought her home.
 2 days old.
I never knew so much could change in 1 month...or that one little girl could make such a difference in our family. It's amazing how much growth I've seen in Kinley in just the 4 short weeks she's been a part of our family. Physically, she's grown 2 lbs, and 1.5 inches. But that's not all. It's funny to me how babies are born knowing literally NOTHING and they just have to figure it all out. When she does  figure it out it's like the COOLEST thing ever. Like in the last week/ week and a half she has gotten so good at following us with her eyes. I LOVE IT! Who would've thought that would bring so much joy? She can kick her little legs SO hard. I'll have her laying on my tummy and next thing you know she is rocketing herself into my face. A few of her newborn outfits are getting a bit snug on her, just a little more evidence she's growing. Not that we need that as a reminder, she already seems so much bigger and grown up than when she was born. I can't believe it. It's kinda unfair how quickly they're not that tiny little baby you brought home from the hospital. When I bring her out of the house and other people see her they say, "She's so tiny!" And I think, "Ya, but she's not as tiny as she used to be!"
Just enjoying the life of a baby.

The morning she turned 1 month old, she was all smiles. But I think it was just a fluke. She smiles more than she used to, but the social smile isn't quite there yet. Can't wait!

Just a few things I should jot down about Kinley so I don't forget much later on in life (I have been working on copying my blog posts over into my journal...LOVE!).

  • Kinley is a grunter! Oh my gosh. Sometimes we just laugh at how loud this girl is. She will be sleeping and making all sorts of crazy noises. In the beginning we used to think she was awake. So in the middle of the night we'd wake up to get her and realize she was still asleep. Slowly we're learning to sleep through all her noises. 
  • She hates for us to set her down after she has fallen asleep in our arms. The second we lay her in her cradle, she SPAZZES out. I mean full on spaz. Every piece of her body jumps and she is suddenly wide awake. It's crazy. 
  • Also, Kinley will wait until we have changed her diaper to poop/pee. Literally within 2 minutes she's already made a mess. She just knows. She also loves to pee when her diapers off. We are lucky she's not a boy. 
  • The last few days I have noticed that she will fall asleep in her vibrating chair while I'm taking a shower, but the second I turn the water off she is awake. So yesterday when I got out I put some ocean/water sounds on the computer and she slept for another hour and a half. 
  • Everyone that sees her comments on how great her skin is. It's true, this girl has great skin (when she's not clawing herself) and a dark complexion. 
  • Speaking of clawing, her nails grow sooo incredibly fast. I feel like I am cutting them all the time. 
  • She loves to suck. My mom calls her a "Sucker." I used to think she was incredibly hungry, then I figured out it just sooths her to help her fall asleep. 
  • Kinley loves to cuddle. And mommy and daddy both love to have her fall asleep on us.
  • She also makes THE CUTEST noise after she sneezes. One of these days I will try to catch it on video.
  • Loves sleeping like this.
Whelp, that is all. Like I said, nothing big, but everything just feels so monumental with her. Haha. Oh ya, sometimes before you have kids you say things like "I will never do....(fill in the blank) when I have a kid." Um ya, already broken a few of those. We swore we weren't going to give her a pacifier, but ultimately, Kinley came into the world loving to suck and unfortunately my body isn't always available for her. And she
She loves bath time!
found her hands, and we decided a pacifier was better than her sucking on her hands. So she won out on the binky thing. I also swore she would never sleep in my bed (still kinda freaks me out). But everybody sleeps much better when she does. She starts out in her cradle but after she wakes up the first time to eat she just stays in bed because it would honestly take 3 hours to get her to go back to bed in the crib. Trust me, we tried, and it was miserable for everybody involved.

Kinley brings more joy and happiness to our home than we could have ever imagined. We love having her around. Sometimes it is hard not to stare at her all day long because she is just absolutely beautiful! We love her to pieces and I'm just at a loss for words to truly express how much we love her. Already it's hard to imagine there was life before her. Thanks for choosing us Kinley!!!



1 Day old. Jeans all rolled up. Haha
1 Month old. Sooo big!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I just love her. And I love that you're keeping such a great journal of her.

    ReplyDelete