Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Cuts, No Buts, No...

My Alligator

ALLIGATOR GUTS! Am I right? If you're like me, then you're right...if you're like Taylor, you say COCONUTS! And that doesn't make you wrong...that just makes you different. According to Taylor this just shows the "generational gap" that exists between us. If you've ever been around when Taylor is bringing this up, and you didn't know our age difference, you would think we were decades apart. No like seriously, at least ten years. Really though, he's only 2 and a half years older than me. He thinks the fact that he was born in the 80's and I was born in the 90's makes a big difference in our lives. 88 and 90? Really bubbsters?! Haha. It always makes me laugh. This was just the one he came up with last night so I figured I would share with all the world. I wish I could remember all the other times. Basically, any time we disagree, don't see eye to eye on something,  do something different from the other, or prefer something to be done a different way his explanation is the "generational gap." Although frustrating some of the times (Simply because I think it's a cop out for acknowledging how things really are or other explanations for it), it is quite cute and he almost always makes me laugh. I mean honestly, couldn't it be explained by regional/state differences, or the fact that he's the 2nd child and I'm the 3rd, or that he's a boy and I'm a girl, or I'm more outgoing and he's more shy (They make just as much sense as the "generation gap")? Haha. Every once in a while he likes to say things like, "I never thought I'd marry a girl from the 90's" or "What are our children going to think about the fact that you were born in the 90's?" It's almost like we met in the hereafter and he is from Nephi's time and I am from present day. Oh boy. Although that would make for a much cooler story about our marriage, it's not reality. The fact is, we are 2 and a half years apart...and while some things changed during that time, not enough changed to make it this big of an ordeal. LoL. LOVE YOU BUBBA!

Tays Coconuts
Good job everyone! So alligators or coconuts?

7 comments:

  1. Coconuts! Must be a generational gap between us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That was Meghan Romney....not Devin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what is! Please let me know so i don't seem dumb when other people born in the 90's ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I'm so sorry you thought I hated you! NO WAY! You're the best and we'll have you guys over soon to hang out, we can be friends, especially cause Maggie loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I would say... but I like Alligator guts better, and so does my BF... both from the 80's... so must not be a generation gap. On your side Nae.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Alligator guts definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually the fact that you were born in '90 is really really weird. it makes me think you're a baby or something. seriously. even though I know your not...obviously.

    ReplyDelete