Monday, August 22, 2016

2 Months of Sadie Jean

2 Months in and I already think Sadie is my hardest kid. Hahaha. I don't know if it's made up, or reality. But I'm rolling with it right now. 

Sadie sleeps usually from 9 until about 2:30. That seems to be the magic time she likes to wake up. And then after that, I honestly couldn't tell you what happened. Sometimes she sleeps until 6 sometimes until 7 or later. Other times, I feel like she never quite goes back into a deep sleep but instead shuffles back and forth until she finds me and snuggles up against me and it calms her just enough to pretend to sleep for a bit longer. 

Sadie gives out her little grins very sparingly but is very generous with her cries. Lol. She enjoys being held A LOT. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't get to put her down and get anything done unless I want to hear her cry the entire time that chore is getting done. Sometimes I don't mind, other times, in all honesty, I feel like I might lose my mind. But I know this stage is very fleeting so I try to enjoy it no matter what is happening. 

She specifically loves to be held facing out...she's not quite a cuddle bug unless we're in my bed. 

She loves to be nursed to sleep. If nursing isn't happening, daddy is much better at getting her to sleep than mommy. 

In the last week or so, if she is upset or sad and then she sees me she stops crying or fussing. I LOVE IT!!! It means she is recognizing me and that I am her safety. I love being that for my baby :)

She had a granulated belly button. I kept watching it and watching it, and noticed that it was never quite healing. I took her in with a suspicion that it was granulated, and the doc confirmed and put some stuff on it so it would dry up and go away. That's pretty much the most interesting thing that happened to her this month. Haha. 

She took her first trip out of Las Vegas to go spend a week at Newport Beach. She was definitely a fan. It was a good week. :)

She is the pride and joy of her two older siblings who constantly ask, "Can I hold baby? Can I hold baby?" We love her very very MUCH! Kinley can't wait to have a baby that can walk. And I'm sure Tyson will be overjoyed when she's big enough for him to lay on top of her without getting in trouble. HAHAHA. 










The pictures fool you. She doesn't sleep THAT much. I think I only get to take her picture when she's sleeping because otherwise I am holding her ;)

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment