Friday, March 13, 2015

Sewing!

The title may make this post seem boring, but I have lots of pictures, mostly pictures! 

This last weekend Taylor and I went to California for our sister-in-laws baby shower. Meagan, Taylor's sister (Not to be confused with my sister, Meghan), and I decided to make a sewing weekend out of it. We picked a ton of projects we wanted to do, and then got our fabric and got together to sew. We both sewed this toy dino that I refer to as the "ghetto dino" because mine didn't turn out super well. I think I suck at cutting out paper patterns. But then I got to the good stuff of making Kinley an apron, and it turned out FABULOUS if I do say so myself. I am kind of obsessed with these colors right now, so you will probably be seeing it in everything I sew for the next little bit. We were supposed to make stuffed elephants too, but ended up not having time for them because we got OOBERS distracted by making little drool bibs for our baby boys. They are seriously the cutest thing and just look like little scarves. I LOVE! They originally weren't on our sew to-do list, but after seeing some at a consignment sale we knew we had to have some of our own!!!

Now on to pictures. 

CUUUUUTE!!!! My little model. Meagan, next time we will get Jakey!

"Seriously mom, this is boring"

ABehold the beauty! Anthropology inspired.

Made by me, ruffles

Different angle this time.

I'm obsessed with buttons. 

Binding is the death of me. 

Cute girl enjoying her birthday present early, because I am not patient. 

Taking it old school.

If it sounds like I am super incredibly proud of myself, it's because I AM! Hahaha. I spent a lot of time on this (And my fabulous mother-in-law dedicated an unreal amount of time giving me direction...praise be her name!) and I don't really consider myself a seamstress, although maybe now I should. ;) haha. Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment