Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Videos

The last two days I have been going through home videos. I LOVE home videos. I'm going to be that mom that always has my camera out because if my kids love these things as much as I do, they'll really appreciate it. There are a few family videos that we all are very familiar with. So every time the camera comes out they are watched. One of which is Dallin's preschool graduation video. This thing is HILARIOUS. I mean honestly. I'm working on getting it uploaded, but every single time we watch this (no exaggeration), we are all in tears from laughter. It's that good. There's a few other ones, but that's probably my favorite. And since Dallin's gone, it's been fun going through videos. He was such a cutie (and he hardly said a thing).

Well I was watching these videos and it just made me sad. I started crying because I just think about how quickly time passes. I thought about all the people in these videos that are getting older and how we won't always be together on this earth. It's a hard concept to grasp. Sometimes you wish you could just freeze time. I know I am totally going to feel that way with my little girl. And yet, that's the beauty of life, is that it keeps going and we have all these wonderful experiences and memories with the people we love. Am I crazy for already being sad about my baby girl growing up?! Haha. I just can't help but think how soon she will be married and having kids of her own. Ok I am crazy. It just all happens so fast, and that's what these videos reminded me of.

I got these videos out in the first place because I wanted to see the video of me when I was born and show Taylor what I looked like as a baby. It was hilarious. We were laughing because I probably spent the first few hours of my life just screaming my head off (That's all the video captured). Taylor thinks I'm cute and hopes the baby gets my nose. Haha. I don't know what is so cute about it, but apparently he thinks so, so I'll roll with that.

Everyone should go watch home videos. They're crazy good...and they show you the past as it really was. Sometimes I remember things, and they are so different from how they actually happened. Haha. Or they are just different than I remember. That backyard we grew up in that seemed sooo ginormous, really wasn't as big as I thought. My mom had curlier hair than I ever remember. And my dad looked as young as Taylor once upon a time. All those Christmas toys we opened up as kids flashed back through my mind and it was funny to see who the toys were actually given to, even though in the end it seemed like they were everyones. The house my parents live in now was so different and so bare once upon a time. I don't know. I loved it all. We were such a cute little family. And now it's time to make memories and home videos with my own little family. I'm excited to help them make memories.

3 comments:

  1. I feared my kids growing up before they were born too, so you're not all that crazy (or we both are). But it is fun to Remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I remember making little movies with you when we were younger and I think it is so special that you'll capture all those adorable moments with a family of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I just found the one where we got Jesse to say he would be a polygamist. "1 wife, 2 wife, what's your name?" Hahaha. We were crazy kids.

      Delete