Ya ya, so technically I'm not a parent yet...but I came across this quote today:
Making
the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to
have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~ Elizabeth Stone
I've already found this to be true. Sometimes I see other children being left out of groups and I think of my own children someday and all the hard things they will endure. My heart becomes so heavy, literally I feel like it weighs me down. I think it's more painful than experiencing it yourself. I mean, my child isn't even part of this world yet and already I find my heart aching and pleading for her happiness. I've said to my mom, becoming a parent is probably the hardest thing I'll ever do. Not because my kids will keep me from getting a full 8 hours of rest each night, or because they will embarrass me by throwing tantrums in the store but simply because I don't think my mind and spirit will ever be able to truly be at rest/peace until our lives on this earth are over. But then again...maybe I'll be a heavenly mother at that point and have millions of children and the worry and concern will be a million times worse? I don't know. I'm excited for this child, our child, and I just hope and pray that in a world that will constantly be trying to tear her down, I will be able to show her where true happiness and love can be found.
Love you baby girl!
So sweet, and so true.
ReplyDeleteOK that made me cry. So true!
ReplyDeleteAgreed!
ReplyDeleteI liked this post. A lot. Mostly because I think that's one of the big reasons why I want to be a teacher, because their moms can't be with them and protect them while they are at school, and it breaks my heart to see those kids who get picked on, or, just as worse, ignored. So, as a teacher, I hope I can help those little kids that are let behind. And I hope your little girl's teachers are the same.
ReplyDelete