Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a new year!

I made a video that had everyone in the family say what their favorite thing of 2012 was. It didn't go too well since most people didn't take me seriously. This only came out after I gathered everyone around the TV and we watched it and then everyone was like, "If I would have known this was serious I would have said something else." Whelp, sorry people. Your bad this time :)

Last year I did this whole thing about every month of the year...I don't know that I can do that again, because it was long, and ridiculous, and some months are just more interesting than others. It was a big year for us. Big in many ways. Big news, big ups, big downs. There was lots of happy, lots of sad. Ultimately, looking back, everything was a blessing and such wonderful opportunities for us. Even the downs seem like ups at this point. I love how things that go wrong, or not according to plan end up being forgotten about in the end. Things always work out...such a hard concept to digest at the time of all the confusion and heartache, but wonderful none the less.

I have loved 2012. It has been so good to me and Taylor. Life seems to be racing by these days. As a kid, time seemed so slow...and now it seems to be moving faster than I could have ever anticipated. I loved being a kid, but I'm starting to think that the reason it gets faster the older you get is because life just gets better the older you get. Life has never been more enjoyable and rewarding as it is at this time...and I imagine I will be saying the same thing tomorrow, the next day, the day after, the next year and so on.

Happy 2013. I went to bed at 11 and woke up around 9 forgetting that it was even the new year. Lucky  I had a husband to remind me that he hadn't seen me all year long. He's a funny little jokester. Love that boy!  I hope everyone sees the many blessings of the past and looks forward to all the future has to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment